Friday, June 12, 2009

Some people have a life.......

Too bad I am not one of them. I laugh when I read my daughters blog. She is such a graphic writer. She takes you to a venue and you feel as though you were there.
She and her husband, and children, go to lots of concerts, etc. people I have never heard of cause I am a country girl, (you know, they used to call it country and western) and never got into all the Warren Zevon, Jimmy Buffet stuff. I just smile when they all start talking music.

I still like Anne McCaffrey, J.D.Robb, Vince Flynn and W.E.B.Griffin. Never could figure out Atlas Shrugged, or the relevance of Gloria Steinam to my life. I was never aware of the glass ceiling until all the women were complaining about it, and lifetime jobs are still an anathema to me. I always tried to give 60 minutes of work for every hour I was paid, actually I did not know any better.

August Rush is my very favorite movie of the year, I never watch them more than once and have seen August 3 or 4 times. Doesn't hurt that that cutie pie Keri Russel is in it.

You all have a nice weekend, looks like it will by sunny and warm, at last, here in Massachusetts.
I will be busily quilting all weekend.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I have no life either. I quilt. I spin. I knit. I wipe noses. LOL! My 3 yr old knows more pop culture music than I do. BUT... when it all boils down to it, I'm happy in my little world. : )